Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What's growing on the roof terrace so far?

Cucumbers
Tomatos
Peppers
Potatos
Onions
Garlic
Spaghetti squash
Zuchinni
Strawberries

Still to come...
Lettuce
Basil

Still to be decided--what can I get away with planting for the winter?

Hopefully everything survives the week without me. Once I'm set up with home internet I'll post some photos. It's more space than I ever imagined and a lot of sun (as much as the UK can muster), so it should prove fun.

2 comments:

G in Berlin said...

Wow, you are beating me. So far I have harvested: the lettuce, my cukes & they are still going, the broccoli is well-headed, the tomatoes are green but many, the zucchini are very small, the parsley is good, the basil dropped dead:( and when I get back I am planting more lettuce and radishes. (I see I never have to worry about heat in Berlin.)Your garden is admirably ambitious.

heather in europe said...

G: Admirably ambitious or idiotic...not sure which yet. ;-)
i still need to get the lettuce up and running, so you have me there...