In England. One would expect that to be a bit of an oxymoron perhaps. I'm enjoying immesely the roof terrace and mentally contemplating future garden enhancements. I'm chalking this year up to a learning year. So far the real winners have been the strawberries so I'm considering more of those next year. The potatos have been brilliant in leaf action, but some of them went to close to the top and reached sunlight so they turned green. I think I need some larger containers next year if they are going to be so impressive again.
I'm adjusting to life in the city, having spent the past few months in the suburb about 35 minute from here on foot. I don't have parking so this takes a bit of getting used to, as there is plenty of free parking withing 15-20 minutes by foot. And really, the 30 min walk each way to and from the office is probably much better than driving in any event.
The bathroom closet shelf and hallway mirror and a mattress were finally purchased last night. Putting the shelving together (an industrial grey metal unit) took the remainder of last night's free time as a team effort, so tonight will be devoted to putting the things on the shelves. I probably won't stockpile as much of my 'US medical goods' here as I did in Germany, mainly because there are a few more items more readily available here, that I don't need to cart them in from America. Although, with the prices of things, it may behoove me to do so.
Overall, things are shaping up into a good summer...
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment