Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Night 4 in DE

There's something to be said for people who know you from way back...say, March 2003.

Life is a whole lot easier now that I don't live here!
At the same time, I've managed to gain some level of acceptability.

Last night we got our stuff together and managed to produce a team dinner. We were not fully attended, nor was anyone over the edge, like previously...

Our big boss left, and colleague 1 lit up a cigarette.
Colleague 2: I thought you did not smoke indoors? Or that you did not smoke because of Heather in Europe? (I am staying at the flat of Colleague 1) Or of course because of big boss instead? (Big boss had just left).
Colleague 1: I do not smoke when people are eating food.

and then everyone (excluding me), lit up a cigarette, now that non-Euro boss had left.
No one asked me. I did not expect them to. They knew I wouldn't mind...

It was a mishmash night of mixed languages. I drifted in and out of conversations...
This is why I live here!

It is no stress, only 'to be'. This is what keeps me here...

No comments: