Sunday, June 14, 2009

On the flight back to DE

More pre-posting from the library as my day will be messed up from the travel to DE. Pleasantly, I'm on AirBerlin to D'dorf. Ryanair to Krakow last week was OK for vacation, but for business travel I'm not so fond of them. In particular, the 06.15 flight time from Stansted required us to leave the house by 03.45. Did you know that the sky is vaguely light at 0415 in my corner of Essex? I certainly did not.

Coming back was the opposite--it took off at 21.50, getting us back at 23.20. Then with the passport controls, the shuttle to long-term parking and driving back, it was 00.30 before we were at home again. But then again, at a total cost of 100 GBP for everything, I'd say that was worth it. Krakow itself was a very nice city and I would recommend a visit. It was the first time I've been to Southern Poland. The Poles say that the Southerners are nicer than the Northerners. Not sure if that is true, but I cannot imagine that people could be any nicer than they were.

No comments: