Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A veritable heat wave

UK temps have been clearing 30 with a few days of this weather planned.
Even my jalapeno pepper plant is wilting today, but I'm not complaining one iota, it's true summer weather. :-)

Thankfully, the new cat has enough sense to hide underneath the bed, in the coolest room in the house. I was a little afraid that I'd come home to roasted cat today if she chose to be in the sun. I'm under the roof, so the heat rises up.

3 comments:

vailian said...

It is hot here too. I have taken to wandering around in my underwear. And just hoping my various lodgers don't walk in unannounced.

heather in europe said...

v: ah, the joys of germany in the summertime. :-)

J said...

We had summer last week too. I loved it, but we're heading back to the low 20s now.

Sigh.