I was very blessed while growing up, to spend a lot of time with 3 people who remembered the depression and the lean years during war time. I imagine the take home message was the same as anyone else who had similar grandparents--work hard, study harder, think twice before buying, pay cash not credit, and be clever--preferably grow it or make it yourself.
I had not quite realized the impact until I was in Asda this week and was reviewing the discount shelf where they put the the dented packages or soon to be out of date jars and cans. I was very exited to find a dented can of coconut milk and a minestrone soup (items I would like to have in the cupboard), each for .25 p off due to the tiny ding on each can.
Making every cent count, credit crunch or not....
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I do the same, but the rest of my family thinks I'm weird!
Gracey: less competition then, for those dented cans. ;-)
while I wouldn't buy the same products as you, I have no problem buying dented cans (can one actually do that in Germany?).
Post a Comment