Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The long weekend in Wales

We recently spent a long weekend in Hay-on-Wye, the Town of books. No really, it's a town of books!

If you're into secondhand bookstores, it's a great long weekend destination. Here is the view from the castle steps:

You're seeing the outdoor shelves next to the castle walls. Lower cost/low interest books are often kept outside with 'honesty boxes' for the 1 pound or 50 p payment for them. (They do get locked up at night.)

And, because it's Wales, we went walking in the hills and saw many sheep:

So how great was the damage to the bank account due to all the books? I tried to keep it minimal, but did manage to find a few. I'll try to do up some photos of them in the coming weeks...

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It's funny, when I was staying in Bath, all the English people not to go to Wales because all the Welsh were fat and mean. Completely untrue. Oh those crazy English....