In addition, when I started seeds in March, I didn't know where I'd be in the summer, so it was a bit of guesswork. However, my bumper crop this year turned out to be the peppers. I went through a picked a bunch of them:

Everything below comes from my rooftop:

As I'm not really fond of peppers (except for the hot ones--the scotch bonnet peppers are the two little light green ones in the middle row, 2nd from the right, next to the tomatoes), I made up a batch of stuffed peppers, froze them, and gave them to someone.
We're having an Indian summer still in the UK so I have more peppers still to come. I've moved them to a sunnier local, now that the sun has moved, so they're getting morning sun until 2 PM. The remaining scotch bonnets are now turning red, as are the chilli peppers. The lettuce is happy with the cooler temps and the remaining tomatoes are turning red. So gardening is on wind down mode, but surprisingly to me, still continuing. In Germany I would usually be down to only one or two hardy tomato plants at this point, with the final containers getting emptied out and put away on the Oct 3rd holiday. Although the UK does have a later start than Germany as nothing really grew much for me in May/June.
6 comments:
Beautiful! I need to give it a go on my balcony next year :)
Michelle: Definitely give it a try, will be curious to see how it goes. :-)
Those are the coolest purple peppers. I have never seen purple veggies other than eggplant. I too hate peppers. Good luck next year.
rhonalala: i had never seen the purple ones either. the tag called them 'Oregon sweet peppers'.
Your Trini friend is mighty disappointed in you calling them Scotch Bonnets. The Trinis prefer Habanero for their name.
And I agree that I've never seen purple peppers before and they are pretty!
Kristen: If you and my Trini friend come to visit, I'll be sure to refer to them properly while you're here. ;-)
Post a Comment