Growing up, 'Heather' doesn't really lend itself well to nicknames as to shorten it ends on a soft 'th' sound; it just doesn't work. I do, however, love a good nickname. As I've worked with the same people for years, most of them somehow have picked one up along the way, cute short versions of their name, English names for Germans, names which started from a funny incident on a night out, and on and on. I don't directly have one, although there may be a few I don't know about. ;-)
So I found it so terribly endearing then, that my parking spot owner found it fit to bestow one upon me. I sent her an email to make sure that she knew when I was coming to pick up the car (as I don't move it much, I have the spot behind the gate blocked by other cars). Her response:
no problem poppet. See you later xxx
Strange--I don't see in the definition 'cranky person who wears too black too much and tends to be too focused and serious' next to this one in the dictionary... :-)
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My favorite is still Sunshine! I hope you are well. Miss u!
Poppet is a cute nickname!
Nat: Good point on the 'Sunshine', I stand corrected. ;-)
Kristin: I think I'll keep it for now. :-)
Post a Comment