I went at 16.20 so the prices were starting to drop for the 17.00 shutdown. :-)
-In the photo, starting at 12 o'clock, 3 packages of strawberries from Kent, all 3 packages together were 2 GBP
-1 o'clock - 5 ears of corn for 2 GBP
-4 o'clock - 6 peaches for 2 GBP
-center - 3 bananas for 60 pence
-6 o'clock - 3 packages of berries for 2.50 GBP
-8 o'clock - young purple broccoli shoots and leaves, the giant bag for 1 GBP

So everything in the photo came to 10.10 GBP (16.51 USD/11.52 EUR). Food tends to be more expensive here in the UK, so I was pretty pleased at the above. To preserve the berries I am drying them as I would only be able to go through one package of the raspberries and one package of the strawberries before they would start to go off.
What aren't I buying there?
- Lettuce - I'm still a big convert of lettuce in a bag with the roots in dirt from asda as that extends its shelf life for me. Next week my roof terrace lettuce should be ready.
- Tomatos - those are coming from the roof terrace as well.
-Peppers - I'm not a big fan of eating them although I do enjoy growing them. Unfortunately, the roof terrace favors pepper growing. This proficient one has produced 3 so far with 18 more still growing, nevermind what her 3 sister are doing in their own right (the scotch bonnet, bell pepper and sweet pepper plants).
Other people get overwhelmed by zucchinni, I'm stuck with peppers. I never imagined this would be the case in the UK...
I've now taken to inviting people over so that I can make pepper based dishes. ;-) Tonight's guest is being treated to Mexican with a variety of chopped up pepper based salsas and fresh pepper toppings for the tacos.

No comments:
Post a Comment