Thursday, August 27, 2009

6 months

August 15th marked 6 months in the UK for me. I've been busy with other things, as well as that time is flying, so I haven't been overly introspective on this point.


However--I was out watering the roof terrace garden, specifically the pepper row that week:


Tucked behind them, between the peppers and the glass wall was a greeting card.

The front says 'Congratulations', inside is a handwritten message to someone (not me) about a training contract.

I'm not an overly religious person (although I have no issue with those who are), but I do retain some spiritual belief in the connectedness of the universe. I took it as my mother sending me a card from heaven congratulating me on 6 months here, and that things are going well.

Uninformed, analytical, agnostic Semi-significant other who misses some of the background details on this topic, looking at this from face values says: 'this card isn't for you.'

Heather: 'I'm four floors up off the street and getting a card down from Heaven isn't so easy in general, let alone four floors up onto a private roof terrace. It was deposited in my peppers on an anniversary, therefore it was most certainly for me, so that I knew she was thinking of me. And such good taste, a Marks and Spencer card no less, very impressive of her.'
I believe that the universe works in mysterious and impressive ways sometimes... ;-)

4 comments:

Rhona said...

Who cares what others think. I think you were meant to find this card at this time for a purpose. Congrats on your 6 months in the UK. Wonderful.
I know your mother is smiling down at you and is happy that you are living your dreams.

christina said...

I totally believe that card was meant for you! Meaningful coincidence and all that - life is full of them if you look hard enough.

Has it really been 6 months? Wow.

Kinga said...

Happy UKversary (or something like that). I'm with the other commenters...that card was so totally meant for you. Somethings just cannot be explained logically.

heather in europe said...

rhonalala: thank you.

christina: indeed, 6 months already, time flies.

Kinga: 'UKversary', i like this term. :-)