The last time I was in the UK, I learned a lot about British culture from television, while a UK person tried to explain what I was seeing. It was V Graham Norton and Big Brother.
This time, I've been sucked into Question Time and Britain's Next Top Model. I'm not much of a TV person except for educational purposes.
Pity the UK person who watches TV with me, they must suffer through my one million questions, primarily:
-Where's he from?
-Where's her accent from?
-What's a chav?
-Why is that cricket man out?
Into a three day weekend I go...
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Exactly the questions I still ask my husband today about people on TV in the Netherlands! Of course soccer replaces cricket in my situation, & like just like in England: accents can differ every 10-20 kilometers you travel or in each part of a city.
Have a good weekend!
A Touch of Dutch: Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing this badgering. :-)
Post a Comment