Either corporate cost cutting found its latest victim in the filter coffee, or the facilities staff is proving their true worth by dragging their feet on the refill ordering, to prove their point that people should be nicer and load the dishwasher to keep on their good side. (And honestly--if a coffee drinker was a chief culprit, I wouldn't be surprised by such actions here.) As we know, there's not a huge following of 'real' coffee drinkers in the office here, so not really sure that this is a money saving mechanism, so really hoping its the latter.
Today was day 3 without filter coffee. As we know--I find the taste of instant coffee to be lacking--in effect it's the equivalent of licking tree bark. Yes, really. The first day it was perhaps seen as a little blip of a delay....day two and the grumples are coming out...day 3 is showing what people are made of.
One person (obviously a male) left the filter basket on the counter with a filter in it. I imagine he does that at home and the coffee fairy magically fixes everything which is wrong with his world.
I ran into someone who (sheepishly) had a french press in hand. (That will be my tactic starting Monday. Three days of this was sufficient to highlight this point to me.)
Because we're all attempting to make do with the substandard instant and feeling the hurt--that ran out at 10.30. One coffee drinker then had a meltdown in the kitchen, that it isn't fair that tea drinkers get fresh milk, which is expensive, while coffee is not being provided.
A few more days of this and I'll be off caffeine, as I'm seriously low right now as I've gone to extremely limited consumption rather than suffer the indignity of licking tree bark.
I like coffee in the morning. It makes the world a more pleasant place. Thankfully I am at home and looking forward to French pressed happiness tomorrow.
Friday, May 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"I imagine he does that at home and the coffee fairy magically fixes everything which is wrong with his world"
Geeze, if that's all it takes to fix what's wrong with my world, I'll start drinking coffee!
I am a serious coffee drinker and in Germany I won't touch the stuff that is normally served. As I now understand (from watching my father-in-law make a pot) they start by doubling the amount of coffee that should be used per water. Then, as I understand from having coffee ground for me, they overgrind the coffee terribly, so basically they use an esspresso grind for drip. Lastly, the "regular" coffeee is hideous. I drink my Costco Jamaica Blue and when I travel, I either bring my French press and my own coffee or I drink black tea with milk. Btw, I think London coffee is far better than German: with some extra milk, I can drink it. Here, extra milk doesn't remove the terrible bitter flavor.
I'm shocked you were able to survive it!
J: try it, you may be surprised. ;-)
G: a pity we never met up while I was in Germany as I recognize a kindred spirit. I had always wondered about the German coffee bitterness, but your explanation confirms a lot.
K: barely. another day may have squashed me. ;-)
Post a Comment