Mail in the tiny town of B is mainly delivered by a small fleet of postal workers using these:

(Expect for the Post Frau who has the 1 postal vehicle in the tiny town of B, as she goes to the companies who have big mail deliveries.)
The postman noticed me puttering around and we were chatting about tomatoes. And he mentions 'Always it looks nice up there.' Oh, you flatter me so, and it's not even 10 AM, pre-coffee, my ego is not yet awake. ;-)
In particular, I feel my balcony looks 'functional' and 'utilitarian'; 'like a healthy garden allotment' was the backhanded compliment I once received. The one next to me with it's perfectly placed and tended flowers looks 'nice' in my book, like it could easily grace the cover of Better homes and balconys. So I especially appreciated his comment as it was completely unexpected and most certainly undeserved.
In case you're wondering, here's what it looks like these days from that angle. Be sure to notice the mightly gherkin hanging down over the ledge between the middle two silver posts. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment