Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Weekend plans - Speyer

Scroll down a bit on this page, we're going to a 'Pretzel Party'. I think I would have translated it as 'Pretzel Festival', but ok.

Or you can go to this page in German to see photos or read all about it.

I think they're missing a market here, by not going after the non-German speakers. Granted, we're going to Speyer primarily to see Philly's greatest rock band, but I would have been tempted to go only for the Pretzel Party alone.

But then again, I'm from Philly, land of the soft preztel. I may just spend the entire weekend eating pretzels down there in Speyer. ;-)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I wanna go with you! Sounds both yummy and fun. But I don't think we could make it over there on such short notice. Too bad though, it would have been fun. :-)

heather in europe said...

kristen: fortunately Europe has festivals for everything: garlic, onions, etc, so whenever you want to visit, we'll find one... :-)

J said...

Have fun and go to the Teknick museum (or whatever it's called) while you're there.

I'm off to visit summer.

heather in europe said...

j: assuming the weather down there is anything like here, we'll definitely be enjoying the inside of the Teknik museum. :-/