Everything in Europe is smaller than in America, and my flat in my corner of Essex is smaller than my flat was in Germany. When recently purchasing a litter box for the cat at a big-box pet retailer, there were four options: small, medium, large, and jumbo.
I had a moment of confusion, because small was about the size of a 9 inch cakepan, and medium didn't look much bigger. Jumbo was on par with a litterbox one would find in America, but it was labelled for two or more cats.
As I mentioned this out loud and that this wasn't much space for the cat to use, my UK shopping partner politely pointed out that of course the boxes would be smaller here--everything is bigger in America, and that the cat would be accustomed to this small size.
Duh, of course. I've gotten used to the smaller housing, cars, and McDonald's portions--I never considered it would apply to the cat too.
So I went with the medium sized version and she's getting along fine for aiming and use, excluding the issue that she sometimes in trying to cover the output she whacks the top edge of the box repeatedly with her paw instead of the inside litter. Not sure what that is about...
Sunday, July 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment