During the next 16 days I have the following on my to do list:
-finish employment contract negotiations, or find a new job in the UK.
-sell the last 1 big item which will not come along to the UK.
-get to the post office to mail off the final ebay items.
-finish/submit my UK grad school applications which I've been working on since late November, to make my self-imposed deadline of submission before leaving Germany.
-figure out if/how the remaining items (bicycle, book, clothing) will best fit in Mr. Polo for next Thursday's drive to the UK. Mentally I've pictured it, but I need to confirm with the measuring tape if I'm correct in my mental arrangement.
-get Mr. Polo washed before attempting to load the car (he gets very dirty parking on the street near the office, thus packing him requires him to be a little less grimy).
-de-register in Germany, and then spawn corresponding cancellation letters to various Germany service providers like my internet.
-do a final clean of the flat.
-make travel arrangements: I need to be in a business meetings in various countries the day after I drive back from the UK, and then the 2nd day after arrival in the UK.
If you're contemplating that last bullet, it means that in the roughly 10 day time span from when I drive to the UK and back, and then fly to the UK for good, I will be in five European countries (including Germany and the UK), while orchestrating a flat move on my own.
Good times.
And I need to kick this cold this week. :-(
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment