
Interviewer: H, what's this about?
H: It's a snowman.
I: Yes, I know what it is. But how did it get onto your balcony?
H: I created it there. (I'm guessing we had 5 inches of snow.)
I: And why?
H: why not?
I: Let's try another direction...how old are you?
H: Old enough to know how to make a snowman.
I: But I mean, you don't have kids...?
H: No, I'm bucking that expat trend at this time. Although Mazal tov to all concerned.
I: Er, is it normal to build a snowman on one's balcony in Germany?
H: Not that I know of.
I: Will the Germans in your building question this?
H: Nah, they're used to such odd things from 'the American' at this point. Although I'm sure someone will point out that I did it wrong. (I didn't have a carrot for the nose, so I used a pointy seashell instead!)
6 comments:
Aww, sweet! Actually we have often built snowmen on the balcony here. (but we are not German...)
He is a very handsome snowman! :)
So cute! If we get any more snow you can bet I'll be out there making a snowman/bunny/horse/whatever. Had to leave the tiny amount we had on the weekend to the kids.
you had enough snow for a snowman? I'm so jealous!
vailian: hmm, further study required then, if this is foreigner-specific. ;-)
Pumpkin: Thank you. He's my first Germany snowman.
christina: Hope it snows again then--will be looking for your creation.
Diane: indeed, but it went to rain the next day. :-(
You got a heck of a lot more snow than we did, but we rarely get any here. Also, I think you live on a hill, don't you?
Post a Comment