Monday, September 08, 2008

Scrambling

After I finally got off my duff and registered for German, it was a tad disappointing for them to call on Friday, they were cancelling the business class due to lack of registrants. (Sigh)

Back to the drawing board. I was already emotionally committed, and short of time as most VHS courses in this region are starting this week. In addition my Thursday was now blocked with the pronunciation class.

Checking all the local VHS courses, was between a rock and a hard place, as the schedule wasn't fitting (leaving early this year for the US), or the distance, or the days, or the time to go take another placement test, etc.

In the end, I came back full circle and will take the general B1 test prep course being offered by the tiny town of B.

On the negative side:
-It's only the general B1 course, not the business specific one.
-It's 2 hrs, 15 minutes each time. Yes I'm sure there's a break tucked in there, but still.

The positive:
-It's only 8 meetings since each is so long.
-It ends in November, rather than during the December packing rush.
-It's only a 15-20 min walk from my flat to the classroom. :-)

1 comment:

J said...

Sorry that happened to you.

It still boggles my mind, though, how you want to learn more of the awful German language. Give me my weekly Spanish course instead.