Friday, September 12, 2008

As expected

I received a letter from the tiny town of B's VHS, apologizing that they must cancel the course due to lack of participants. In a slightly interesting twist, they offered that I could register for a B2 conversation course at another VHS in the triumvirate. It was nice of them to offer an alternative, but I'm not really interested as 1) The course is a 15 week one at 1.5 hrs, and I already missed the first 4 classes and 2) It is described as a slow course, no stress type of thing, and anyone who has ever taken a weekly VHS course knows that intrinsically they are the epitome of a non-stressful course to begin with, so I cannot imagine how slow a proclaimed slow course would be.

Your comments over the past few postings on this topic have been interesting. As have been the reactions of my work colleagues, to hear that I was finally sucking it up and taking another course, after my self-imposed German learning break (from Dec 2007-Aug 2008). One dear colleague is ademantly convinced that there is a German speaking man in the picture somewhere, secretly, so thus the German learning Zeitgeist. (Don't worry dear readers, not so.)

Maybe some more thoughts on this over the weekend...

No comments: