Thursday, July 24, 2008

And how will Heather be celebrating 5 years in DE?

If the weather cooperates (rain showers predicted for Sat afternoon, but we all know that forecast can change 10 more times before then), D and I will be grilling next to the Rhine in Deutz.

If the weather doesn't cooperate/after the grilling? We'll be going to my favorite local bar in Koeln Deutz, a ten minute walk away. They are having a DJ that night, something special--schlager music. No cover charge, the people are always quite friendly, and the Koelsch is 1.20 EUR. It's a real hole in the wall with an older crowd, absolute genuine and divine.

Want to join us at either or both of the above? Send me an email: phillygirl06 AT notcoldmail.com or leave me a comment here and I'll send you the exact coordinates. Both places are a 12 min walk from Koeln Deutz train station. And I'll even bring along an extra tofu dog for you.

1 comment:

J said...

Let me give you a maybe on the bbq. We've got a big weekend down here and something else has just happened and I might have to head south on Sat.