Wednesday, February 28, 2007

i am the poster child...

for death warmed over.

Tax weekend went well. By Sunday night I was 95% complete and I had assembled a list of things I needed to check while in the office during the week, mainly that I had filled in the right numbers in the right German boxes. Papers were all assembled and ready to be copied in the office.

A few stray pieces of paper had to be tracked down and checked up, but everything is ready to go as of tonight after I completed my calendar of 'where I have been working and on what days' for 2006. Tomorrow the intelligent accountants the company provides are on-site to collect the pieces of paper, and answer any stray questions. So after I meet with my two ladies at 10.30, I can then click the button to submit all the stuff to them and hand over my papers and consider it done.

Then I came home tonight and my Gemany 2005 prepared returns were in my mailbox awaiting signature. What a wonderful time of year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

2005?

heather in europe said...

yep, 2005. good thing it is a large multi-national accounting firm in charge of this tax stuff for me. they seem to know what they're doing so I'm going with it.

vailian said...

I am SO glad to hear there is someone else out there who puts in his tax return a year late. I had a tax consultant for years but got annoyed at how much it was costing me and I decided I was ready to do it myself last year... it should be so easy but it is not, even with the clever computer programs-- and you are constantly faced with decisions on how to declare those little jaunts to Amsterdam or Croatia or Greece or Barcelona as legitimate business expenses.

heather in europe said...

vailian: brave of you to decide to do it own your own. the 'legitimate business expenses' section of your return must make for interesting reading. :-)