For those of you sitting at home in the US thinking that my Euro life is oh so sexy...this weekend I am sitting with a pile of paperwork and filling in boxes with numbers so that I can then give it to the intelligent accountants who will put it all in order and file my tax returns for both the US and Germany. Double the pleasure, double the fun!
I don't find it hellish so much, but rather painfully boring with the filling in of mundane details like how far my office is to my home and how I get there and that each time I get a question like that, I have to research the mundane answer because I feel the need to be exact since it's my taxes and it's the government and who knows what will happen if it's wrong! (1.4 km and by car). I spent an hour on it tonight, getting assembled and at least opening everything.
I bought a lovely bag of coffee from Keyna to kick off tomorrow's marathon session.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good luck. I spent a few hours filling out paperwork last week and we are in the unenviable position (ok, it's enviable when one is filling out tax forms) that we are covered under the foreign income exclusion, so it's not too bad. The coffee sounds great.
more than three quarters done...thank goodness for lovely coffee and an overcast day. :-)
At least with the double tax agreement between UK and Germany I only have to do my taxes in Germany :)
haddock: you ARE a lucky one. :-) the US gov't is not so nice as the UK on this point...
I used to be good and spend a little time each week making sure everything was in order. Now that The Boy has arrived, I am two months behind for 2007...
maria: but what a wonderful deduction you have! ;-)
Post a Comment