Sunday, April 17, 2011

UK politics and immigration

Even though the economy is supposedly picking up, immigration remains a hot topic as the UK continues to try and lock down the borders and implement hurdles for those of us entering legally. I've been achieving my old pc data as it is ready for retirement at 8 years old. Here was a photo from before, with yours truly in the foreground:
Local elections are upcoming on May 5, 2011. My corner of Essex is a hotly contested battleground as the numbers in the last election were very close. As well, we're a densely populated region of many flats, so one assumes a transient population. Therefore the parties are out in full force, to try and lock down a win. Every week, I get papers under the door, telling me who I should vote for, and why the other party has failed me. These folks are out prior to 9 AM on Sundays, during the week and at all other hours. Unfortunately, as a non-UK citizen, their papers are mainly a waste as I have no vote here.

No comments: