
Essex has been having hot summer weather, so I've been leaving the front terrace door open. The back is a little more dangerous, as it's larger and there are some 'escape routes' so SC only goes on the back on the lead.
Today, as I was watering the plants, I noticed that something caught her eye and she went immediately into attack mode--bottom to the ground, and focused while she crept over to the frosted glass wall and then was chin to the ground in front of it. As she is an inside cat except for the balkon, her mighty huntress routine can be rather amusing....although that being said, she takes care of any fly or mosquito that gets trapped in the flat quite handily.
I figured out by being near it, that A's British boyfriend was on the other side of the wall on the balkon, reading a book. This was very exciting to SC, to sit next to the wall and watch him, like she's stalking a giant mouse.
He must have pointed her out to A, because then I heard, 'Awww...the kit-ty!', and SC realized she was the center of attention and immediately took off to back inside her flat. A and her 'loud Italian-ness' are a little bit scary to SC, although it is all meant with love...
Later today as I was coming home, I ran into A.
A: I saw your kit-ty!
H: Oh, sorry about that, I hope she did not bother you?
A: OH no! My boyfriend loves cats! He was happy to see her!
So sweet. Maybe I need to unblock the exits on the front balkon, so she can pop over for a visit at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment