
My flat has one living room, one kichen and one bedroom. The kitchen is too tiny for eating, so that left only the living room.
The clever idea was to get the seats above the window, so as to enjoy the downtown Essex view and the morning coffee with the sunshine. The difficult part was finding a table and seats which were tall enough.
The height of the window to the floor is 115 cm, which is pretty tall. Many breakfast bars are around 90 cm, too short. This one is 105 cm which works out pretty well.
This is a standard Ikea set. I couldn't bring myself to schlep over to Ikea (45 min away), and trundle through the big store. So I bought this one on ebay for a fraction of the cost, and closer.
Ikea sells the table for 99 GBP and the stools are on sale for 10.99 each. Instead, I got all three pieces for 35 GBP, the only bidder in the auction.
So far, so good. We'll see what the cat thinks when she comes home from visiting The House of Treats as this has been 'her' window.
3 comments:
It's modern, and it has a view. I love it!
Gracey: many thanks!
I like it! But I am curious what Slocombe has to say about it. She may wonder what is in her space...or she may appreciate the new elevated window front bed and steps to get to it ;o)
Post a Comment