Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm not sure which is most worthy...

to (whine) uups blog about this week:

1. How I had no water (Monday)
The building management company told me that it wasn't their problem and to call the water company. The water company told me there were no outages and to call the building management company. The assigned building manager only comes in at 9, and no, they couldn't call her in advance. (Why-->do you think she's at home showering or otherwise enjoying her water??)

2. How the cat fell in the toilet in 'Operation Potty' (Tuesday)
(I was aiming to have her do something like this, in case you're curious.)


3. How I got pulled over in my corner of Essex for driving with fog lights on. (Wednesday)
(oops! I rather loathe this car, too many buttons. And it's the first time I've driven in 3.5 weeks.) I would be willing to bet money that he heard my accent and didn't want to potentially get involved with the paperwork of an illegal alien or illegal driver. (Neither of which I am.) He literally sprinted back to his car with a 'thumbs up' sign wishing me a nice evening once he saw to it that the right switch was set.

4. How getting the MOT took 2 hours rather than 15 minutes (Thursday)
...because the third party company J car service outsourcer made an appointment for me at 08.00 for a garage that wasn't open until 08.30 and then didn't do the MOT until 9, but their early appointments were already booked up so I couldn't be scheduled until 09.30. I love outsourcing arrangements! In case you're wondering, it is chilly in my corner of Essex at 8 AM, but not frosty.

I am now off to have a glass of wine and a hot bath...I think I'll be sticking with more frugal posts for the next few days to steer clear of the negativity above. :-)

No comments: