In the rush of the past few weeks, I may have missed a few key points if you're following along:
So what happened on the job front, H?
Benevolent company J came up with an offer which appeases me for the moment, so I stayed with them and received a UK contract.
Why the bitter melancholy?
In moving to the UK I had wanted a London location, or another major city like Edinburgh or Dublin. Company J has locations throughout England only; all were open options to me, excluding the central London office, due to space constraints. So while it's nice to have a well-paying job where they showed flexibility for allowing me to transfer, a small part of me recognizes that it's not the complete dream.
So where are you then H?
Somewhere in Essex county. Specifically, I'm in a commutable town into London, and company J has one of their larger offices here. There is a regional train into London and this town is 30 minutes or so from Stansted.
So what do you think so far?
It's a little quiet out here and not very diverse, but the people seem polite enough and the area seems safe.
So will you keep the blogging as is on this site?
Yeah, for now. Officially the title can remain the same (not sure if that's due to my forward thinking or abject lazyness!). Now, instead of whining about Germany I can whine about the UK instead. :-)
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope to hear about all your adventures! And send a few pix...
v: will do, on both accounts. be sure to set your expectations low, however, on my photo taking abilities. ;-)
Post a Comment