Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How Lufthansa disappointed me

I love Lufthansa. They've become my preferred airline since arriving in Germany for when I travel to the US, as well as for intra-Europe flying. And as US carriers are cutting back on food or special meals like vegetarian, or charging for every little thing, it makes Lufthansa look even better with their open bar in the air.

Except when one orders a Vegan option (VGML) and is served a salmon sandwich as a snack, especially as they're slinging cheese pizzas to the rest of the passengers. Granted, vegans don't eat fish or dairy, so neither is acceptable, but I found it rather ironic. The very nice Lufthansa crewman offered me a cheese pizza in exchange for the fish, and actually apologized so my disappointment was short-lived fortunately. ;-)

1 comment:

Charles Schlesinger said...

Did the airline charge you for your meal? American Airlines was charging $10 for a roast turkey sandwich with potato chips! I passed that offer & ate my bags of cookies :)