1. Pop over to the closest British store to buy UK Heinz baked beans, or remember to pack a few cans in your suitcase the next time you're in the UK. Scoff greatly if someone suggests that you use German baked beans, or the Heinz baked beans sold in the Netherlands. Heat those up in a saucepan for a few minutes.
2. Buy some regular mushrooms, slice into halves, and heat those up in a saucepan with a little olive oil. (Humor the colonial and 'undercook' them, so that she doesn't whine later about them being overcooked.)
3. Fry up an egg. In particular, some free-range eggs from Muensterland will do quite nicely.
4. Top right, someone was feeling artistic with the balcony tomatoes. Normally it would be a larger one or two, sliced in half and fried, but these were raw as they are quite small, and so good anyway in their freshness.
5. Center, the Pièce de résistance, fry up some vegetarian sausages in a little olive oil. This variety comes from the Netherlands, from Goodbite, they are mildly spicy and very juicy for a soy product. Two thumbs up.

Need more info?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_breakfast
5 comments:
I'm sorry, but a full English brekkie can not be made without real sausage or bacon. Mushrooms? Bleah!
Mr "nice-looking British person" ought to have his passport revoked!
:)
Glad you enjoyed it.
j: hmm...what I actually hear you saying here is "I'd love to partake in such a thing the next time I come to Koeln. Soy sausages, how clever!" ;-)
I assume by breakfast you mean breakfast food served some other time of day, because we all know you don't really eat breakfast...
Aww I think it looks positively yummy. And that's not just because I have a vegetarian guest coming to Germany next week!
kristen: (head shamefully down) guilty as charged! ;-) (it was 11.30 AM and my first food of the day).
diane: oooh lucky guest--it's a perfect time to be a vegetarian visiting Germany, local produce is at its finest.
Post a Comment