1. Don't turn down an offering of drinks, unless you've already had at least 10 total cups filled. Otherwise it's rude and your hosts are confused that what they are offering is not good enough.
2. Don't finish your drink too quickly, as it will always be re-filled, and depending on the alcohol content, a refill is not always a good thing.
3. At a family dinner, as an average adult, you are expected to partake in at least six different options.
On our arrival night, dinner was at 7 PM and lasted an hour. Then we sat there and picked at the food and drinks for another two hours. Here was what was on or near the table:
a. cokeb. sprite
c. orange fanta
d. fizzy water
e. green tea
f. black tea
g. red (strawberry) tea
h. vodka
i. beer
j. whiskey
k. Irish coffee
l. coffee
m. orange juice (Ukrainian)
n. orange juice (Russian)
o. pineapple juice
p. champagne (that I brought last year from Germany)
So dear readers, here is the challenge if you're still reading. At my most recent trip back, which of the above six options did I take during that first dinner? Your prize for the closest correct guess? A little something from the motherland, mailed to you from Germany.
The rules (we are in Germany, we must have rules!)
- Only one guess per person, just put the above letters for your drink guesses into the comments, and remember there should be six in total. Whether or not I know you're a reader of my blog, feel free to guess.
- The winner must be willing to provide a mailing address for the tiny prize. Inside or outside of Germany, it's all the same. It's a lightweight item, so I'll mail to anywhere in the world.
I'll leave this up for a few days, then I'll give you the correct answers and reasons behind them.
I sveikata! (the Lithuanian phrase for 'cheers')
1 comment:
OK, I am game: I am guessing g h i k m n
I will be in Lithuania next week, any tips or suggestions? (you can also send me an email)
Post a Comment