Friday, September 21, 2007

Indian Week at Plus

Of all the cheapo shopping places in Germany, Plus is my least favorite, primarily because 1. they are not on my route home from work like Pennymarkt, Lidl and Aldi Sued are, and 2. I've been there only three times and each time the thing I went for was not there. Although my online shopping with Plus.de went just fine.

However, I will be investigating Indian week at Plus which started yesterday. From the sales paper, it does not look as exciting with as many offerings as Italian or Spanish week at Lidl or American week at Aldi Sued. In particular 'Bombay Billig' tag line doesn't improve them much in my mind. However, I do miss cheap and easily accessible naan bread, and I'm willing to give their spicy vegetarian curry a shot.

3 comments:

J said...

Is American Week coming up at Aldi Sued? This is the first I've heard of it. It's always entertaining.

vailian said...

Aldi has great tequila about twice a year. the American week is generally dismal, but I look hopefully anyhow.
It is my time to stock up on pancake mix.

heather in europe said...

j: it's been only a few months since the last Aldi Sued American week, so it should be a few more months before it circles through again.

vailian: i go for the unpopped popcorn.