Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The final countdown - Lithuania

I have an hour of cleaning and packing left and then everything is done. I have a bit of a cold, so I plan to take some American drugs and go to bed early. Aunt B should be leaving the house in a few hours for Newark for the overnight to CGN. I need to pick her up around 0900 tomorrow.

After than I drop her back at my apartment for a short nap and a coffee and I scurry back to work for a half day, to set my out of office to OUT for two weeks.

On Thursday morning the adventure officially begins, we are on a train to Kiel, and then the overnight ferry to Lithuania which arrives Friday in Klaipeda. We have a packed schedule of relatives and things to see, and lots of fun to have.

I will probably be mostly offline until I drop her back at the airport on Sept 18th.

5 comments:

J said...

Have a great time! I'm outta here on Saturday and will be back on the 17th.

christina said...

Bon voyage!

Anonymous said...

Christina said exactly what I was going to say: Bon Voyage!

It sounds like a really cool way to get to Lithuania. I want to go there some day as I hear it's really nice there.

vailian said...

I am jealous Heather, I want to visit Tallin too!
Good luck with your aunt!

heather in europe said...

:-) to all.