Saturday, March 10, 2007

48F (but feels like 43F)

Is the current weather in Cologne at lunchtime. Here in B. it's one or two degrees cooler so let's say 46 but feels like 42. For my Celsius counterparts, that translates into 'freaking cold for a perfectly good Saturday in March'.

Overnight low tonight is predicted to be 36 for Cologne, so maybe 34 here. Last weekend, I took this photo in the center of B, I think they need to take this down so the cold weather will go away:



I also took this photo last week in B's 'Ugly as sin park'. I'll get some photos when I can be bothered of said park. This park looks like it was designed by someone trained and highly skilled in 1960's industrial park design, so I tend to take other routes which are nicer. It's the only negative I can point to in connection with living in B.

Normally, when the weather is even remotely warm and the sun is out, the Germans all come out and flock to open spaces like parks which end up jam packed. However, ugly park remains desolate, no matter what the weather.

"Yes, Heather, but the flowers are nice, no? So don't be so negative about ugly park."
"Sure, and be sure to notice the mud in the bottom left of the photo, which I was later scraping off my shoes from ugly park."
However, these are the first spring flowers I've seen blooming outside this year, and very nice at that:

No comments: