Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Slocombe's revenge

Dear Internet humans!
Slocombe the cat here. I've taken it upon myself to update you, because 'someone' has been going to work this week and leaving me all alone. That is not a very wise move, because then I get up to no good...
Even though I'm a retired ancient cat, I'm pretty sharp mentally, if I do say so myself! Someone noticed her avocado plant (raised from the compost heap) hasn't been looking so good in the past few days. She brought it in when the frosts came in the fall, and it's been fine, until the past week or two...
Here is a photo of it from a few months back:
What she finally figured out tonight, was that due to her office visits the past weeks, I've been lacking in 'structured outside time' on my lead! I like nature and smelling the fresh Essex air and getting a little dirt under my paws. To make up for it, I figured out how to balance myself on the plant pot, and, uh, water it.
Yes, I have a perfectly fine and functioning litter box.
Why must I do this then?
-->Because I'm terribly bored since someone leaves me here alone all day, and I don't have a balcony cat flap!
So now, she's finally figured out the mystery of why her avocado is suddenly keeling over and damp...because she caught me in the act. Drat! Curses! Foiled again!
Well, it's only Tuesday, and she's at the office through Friday this week. I can think up some new mischief in the meantime...

No comments: