Friday, March 26, 2010

Slocombe the cat in the rooftop garden

Slocombe has her own special corner in the rooftop garden near the door, with two pots of grass at an appropriate cat height:

The grass had planted itself into a corner of a pot and she started to nibble on it, so I gave it a dedicated area and it has flourished. However, I have no idea how grass managed to plant itself, four flights up...but it makes SC happy, so ok, it is a productive member of the garden.

Not one to limit herself, she decided to investigate and give the 'volunteer' garlic greens a little taste as well:


2 comments:

tqe | Adam said...

That's adorable--and I love your cat's name. Is she married?

heather in europe said...

Adam: Officially on paper her name is 'Mrs. Slocombe' which implies that she was married at some time prior to her living here...as she feels comfortable with you blogging people, she goes by her informal name of just 'Slocombe'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Are_You_Being_Served%3F_characters#Mrs_Betty_Slocombe