Winter here has been trundling along. I was recently back on the continent (not DE) for a work trip, but otherwise I'm trying to hold on for spring seedling plantings.
A few months back I mentioned that I occasionally host visitors via hospitality club. My corner of Essex is convenient to Stansted and all of the cheap Ryanair and Airberlin flights for people looking for a short hop on the way into London or to explore Essex.
Tomorrow I have a Brazilian arriving from Poland, for one night before returning to Poland. He has spent a few weeks in Poland and got one of those ultra cheap flights so he's coming to the UK for one night. He has never been to the UK so he's looking forward to a massive front of English. (I didn't mention to him that I speak 'American' English and Ian speaks 'British' English. This should be enough to blow his mind.)
In additon, under interests he's listed WW2 books. A Brazilian with WW2 interests, this promises to be interesting. I offer a couch and a vegetarian meal and he enthusiastically accepted both and looks forward to his first trip to England; this should be good fun.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have fun! That sounds like an interesting combo--a Brazilian who travels in Poland and is interested in WWII.
Although once I did host a straight-edge German (no beer, boo!) guy who just wanted to eat Nutella and white bread at every meal and hang out on MySpace. I'm not sure he didn't just stay home and do that, but....
Kristin: Too funny, I can totally picture it. ;-)
Post a Comment