American week at Lidl starts on Wednesday.
Although--since when do Americans eat hot dogs from a jar and sweet popcorn?
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Heather's adventures as an American working in Europe since April 1, 2003.
6 comments:
My mom LOVES sweet popcorn. LOL!
went and looked at the circular through your link and all I could think was that none of those items look like any American items that I know. Like the barner American Peanut butter I bought a few months ago, I think I'd rather not eat it if it tastes that different.
By the way, would you know whether there are any brands of pepperoncini that are actually spicy? Or picles that actually taste like dill?
maria: good job proving me wrong so fast. ;-) only the salty, buttery version for me.
g in berlin: try a Turkish grocer for pepperoncinis. for pickles, check out Duisberg Bunny, she actually made her own in her quest for good pickles:
http://duisburgbunny.blogspot.com/
(search in her searchbox for 'pickle', she's passionate on this topic)
Ms. Bunny has posted the recipe for her pickles- thanks for pointing me there.
I'll post about whether I can find any really hot peppers at the Turkish market tonight.
I lost your blog when my computer crashed (and I revamped my blog and lost my links!). Happy to find you again :)
And uh, yeah, sweet popcorn - blech
We had a slumber party here in Düsseldorf for one our girls. During the movie my wife offered popcorn to the girls. They asked if we had any "real" popcorn, i.e., the sweet kind.
That was cool. It's American week at Aldi up here as well. Tortillas, cranberry juice, and marshmellows are hot items at our house.
Post a Comment