Thursday, August 09, 2007

when the going gets tough...

the tough take a cheap weekend flight somewhere else.

my friends at lufthansa publish cheap flights from Germany every other Wednesday, which are good for the next two weeks. i dilligently watch for them; there are usually four or five options: one far away (US, Japan, or Middle East), and three or four Europe ones. these flights are usually very good for me, because at least one and often two include the good flight times for us "9 to 5 monday to friday" working folk: out friday night and back sunday evening.

the Europe ones usually level out around 100 eur for the roundtrip, including taxes and all that. sometimes the destinations aren't so sexy (i.e. Lyon, France). Sometimes they are more than interesting: Riga, Prague, Paris, etc.

So far I've take the cheap flights to Goteborg City and Bratislava in this manner.

This weekend's flight, booked on Tuesday of this week-->London. Total cost-->101 eur. I've going from DUS, but it was also available around the same price from CGN.

London calling!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I am in the U.S. and Lufthansa often offers awesome sales to Europe. There is one right now and I have been thinking about London!! Their deals are the best!

J said...

I love London. Hope you had fun.

vailian said...

Am trying to organize a holiday in honor of my girlfriend's birthday next month, am thinking New Orleans or San Franciso, but it could also be Copenhagen or Ireland.
The problem is, flights are cheap enough now there is TOO MUCH choice!
Have to avoid London though as my ex-wife lives there...