
Hay muchos meses qué no habla mucho Español, solamente un poco con mis colegas de España. Sin embargo, su español es diferente qué yo aprendí, es como la diferencia entre íngles de EEUU y Inglaterra. Cuando fue a la conferecia en Houston, yo hablé lo un poco, especialmente porque el Español de allí, de México, es como el español de California, y conozco sus palabras más que las de los Españoles.
En el hotel, fui un poco cansada después el viaje desde Europa, y la mujer vino por la tarde para limpair el cuarto. Ella no comprendió bien el Inglés, entonces cambié a Español. Ella contestó entonces, y me preguntó-quiere Ud. más jabón, etc. Al fin, ella me dijo, ´no soy de España.´ Uh, ok. Usualmente las mujeres son de México o America Central. Y entonces en Inglés, ´soy de Rusia.´ Oops.
Yo pienso, tal vez estoy muy cansada. Pero, no parece bien, y pienso y pienso. Es extraño, pq usualmente oigo bien los sonidos de este parte de Europa. Finalmente--en la próxima día, realicé, su Inglés y el acento, fue como el Inglés de una persona que habla Español. Aprende o escuche a eso Inglés, tal vez de los otros trabajadores o de la gente de Houston, donde hay mucha gente que hablan Español como su primera lengua. Es un poco loco, una rusa que no tiene el acento ´normal´ de su país, pero del otro país.
**********************
There are many months that I don't speak much Spanish, only a little with my colleagues from Spain. However, their Spanish is different than the Spanish that I learned, it's like the difference between the English of the US and the UK. When I went to the conference in Houston I spoke it a little, especially because the Spanish there, the Mexican Spanish, is like the Spanish of California, and I know their words better than the Spain Spanish.
In the hotel I was a little bit tired after the trip from Europe, and the woman came in the afternoon to clean the room. She didn't understand English well, so then I switched to Spanish. She answered then and asked me-do you want more soap, etc. At the end she said, "I am not from Spain." Uh, OK. Usually the women are from Mexico or Central America. And then in English "I am from Russia." Oops.
I think, perhaps I am very tired. But it doesn't seem right, and I think and think. It's strange, because usually I hear well the sounds of this part of Europe. Finally--on the next day, I realized, her English and accent, it was like the English of a Spanish speaker. She learns or listens to that English, perhaps from the other workers or the Houston people, where there are many people who speak Spanish as a first language. It's a little crazy, a Russian who does not have a 'normal' accent of her country, but of another country.
2 comments:
Hallo,
wir haben im Internet deinen Blog gefunden und fanden ihn sehr interessant. Daher würden wir uns freuen, wenn du an unserer Online Umfrage "The everyday blogger" teilnimmst:
http://www.everydayblogger.uni-bremen.de/
Diese Befragung ist Grundlage eines Dokumentarfilms, der Teil unserer Abschlussarbeit ist. Darin beschäftigen wir uns mit der Darstellung und den Gewohnheiten von Bloggern und ihren Blogs sowie der digitalen Domestizierung. Diese Untersuchung wird von Prof. Dr. Heidi Schelhowe an der Universität Bremen betreut und von uns, Danny Barrantes und Ina Pruegel, Master Studenten der "Digitalen Medien" erarbeitet.Am Ende der Umfrage hast du die Möglichkeit dich und deinen Blog für die Teilnahme an unserem Dokumentarfilm zu registrieren. Die Zusage ist unverbindlich und wir würden uns sehr freuen.
BITTE GIB DEN LINK AUCH AN ANDERE WEITER, DAMIT SO VIELE WIE MÖGLICH AN DER UMFRAGE TEILNEHMEN KÖNNEN
Vielen Dank
Ina und Danny
ahem...Just because it's language week does not meant that it's acceptable to put German here.
Just because I understand German does not mean that I need to see it here, in particular, in the so German way of using all caps as this is a very serious matter.
Thank goodness it did not contain 'muessen' or I really would have had a fit.
If you really want to amuse me as a German, write to me in English and use 'urgent'. It's urgent that you fill this out, it's urgent that it's done immediately. I love hearing Germans using 'urgent' indiscriminately.
Post a Comment