

I wrote the other day about my displeasure with my recent experience trying to claim for delay compensation from Eurostar. Even though I arrived home 16+ hours late, due to the Eurostar distinction of 'delay vs cancellation', no disruption compensation will be granted. Eurostar's response follows. I must say, I am a bit disappointed in the whole experience, although their customer service agents are certainly polite enough, Eurostar's policies seem to be a bit smoke and mirrors, like one of those fairground games that you can never win.I did send a final note back thanking Ian for his response and suggesting that Eurostar update their website to better explain this distinction, in particular on this page.
**********************************************
Disruption Compensation request - #0100XXXX
traveller.care@eurostar.com
13/02/2015
Dear Heather,
My colleague Carole has escalated your case to me. My name is Ian and I am the Team Leader in our Traveller Care department.
I firstly wish to take the opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience that this service disruption caused to you.
I am of course also sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the explanation offered by Carole but can advise that she is correct in the information provided.
When a train is cancelled you have the option to cancel the journey and obtain a refund. If you accept our offer to move you to a different timed service then the delay is taken into account from the scheduled arrival time of the this new service.
I am of course sorry that this is not the response you had wished for and hope future journeys with us are more successful.
Kind Regards
Ian
Eurostar Traveller Care
No comments:
Post a Comment