Tuesday, April 03, 2012

A week's worth of dancing

Sunday - an 'adult taster' day at a local dance school. 2.7 miles away, I walked there, not the nicest walk at it was leaving town along a main thoroughfare that runs out of sidewalks. Then it was 6 classes of 45 minutes each (broken up by breaks and lunch). Then I walked home the 2.7 miles. While two of the classes were ok, it doesn't suit my needs so well as the classes that interest me are on the weeknights when the walk is too dark and dangerous.


Tuesday - swing dance class here in Essex, a 10 minute walk away, through a well populated area and onto the university campus (read: safe). It's probably the most fun I've had at something where I went on my own no knowing anyone. Everyone was quite pleasant and it was some intense cardio at times, good fun. They go on Easter break next week and then the week after, classes start at the beginning for...the Charleston! I shall return.

1 comment:

J said...

omg! You? Dancing?

The Charleston? I do hope there's video of it!

Enjoy.