1. How do you become fluent in 11 languages? - A 20 year old who does quite a good job in the video; I appreciate his optimism about meeting new people.
2. The cult of the hyperpolyglot - About a fellow who speaks 18 languages.
'So what enables hyperpolyglots to seemingly pick up a new language at the push of a button?
Erard says it is hard to explain, but whatever an individual's biographical reasons are, he believes there is something that distinguishes hyperpolyglots neurologically."They have a neurological hardware that responds to the world, that's fed by the world, that is suited to a pattern that is recognition-heavy, sound-heavy and memory-heavy - that is very structured, and also very sociable.'
The article also includes this line, but I'm not sure I believe it: 'Easiest language for native English speakers to learn is said to be Dutch.'
No comments:
Post a Comment