Friday, October 14, 2011

From the United lounge in Chicago

After two weeks of work in the midwest, I'm on the way back. Fortunately, I'm flying business on the company's dime, so I get two free checked bags, up to 50 pounds each. My suitcases are not overly large, but they are stuffed to the gills, with one of them clocking in at 49.5 pounds and the other at 35.

While I'm winging my way back back over the ocean, you can ponder...
what did Heather buy to fill those suitcases?

Coming over, I was under 10 and 20 pounds on each, respectively, but a day of Sunday shopping caused this chaos.

A hint: my total spend was below 100 USD.

4 comments:

G in Berlin said...

Maple syrup, crystal lite, dark brown sugar, vanilla beans, Jamaica blue, baked cheddar gold fish, vegetarian gelatine, low sugar pectin? Or is that my shopping list?

heather in europe said...

G: You are correct that food is part of the weight. I had the gold fish in my hand but then passed on them.

Food is probably 15% max of the weight, and it's 3 items purchased in multiples. :-)

J said...

omg, you passed on the goldfish? No way!

heather in europe said...

J: afraid so. because they are sold in bags, they are harder for me to pack than things in boxes. i have previously brought them back though.