Monday, October 03, 2011

Yep, back in the US

Behind this road (where I'm on the sidewalk), there are two highways in the background. Then again, I should be grateful for sidewalks, as much of middle America doesn't have them.





I did get some odd looks this AM when I went out of the hotel at 07.15. I knew there were stores, restaurants and such around a mile away, so I waited until it was clearly light outside and off I went. On the entire trip (with sidewalks), 1.1 mile out and then 1.1 back, I passed one other person on the sidewalk, and he was on a bicycle but avoiding the busy roads.


Because it's America though, there are plenty of Halloween decorations already out as well as for sale. I am pleased to give you an advance preview of Slocombe's Halloween costume this year:
I imagine she'll be as unimpressed with this one as she was with last year's. Currently, she's enjoying her vacation at the House of Treats in the UK where she gets freshly roasted chicken every night, while missing me immensely, of course.


1 comment:

J said...

That is cruel and unusual punishment.