Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The view from my window

Across the street, they've taken a vacant building and they've started to gut it and built it up by one story. This was my view from my kitchen window today, on the zoom setting:

In the US, I've yet to see a Sikh construction worker, but here in the UK they are plentiful. So much so that the UK has published regulations, http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/internalops/fod/oc/200-299/282_27.pdf regarding their exemption from wearing helmets on construction sites.

2 comments:

G in Berlin said...

And what's funnier is that I read your post (and attachment) before I saw your comment and realized our posts were the same— I was thinking that your job was far larger than the one I watched (it definitely is) but I would bet that your workers are more industrious than mine were;). I thought this must be their vacation construction site, where they came to eat a sandwich and listen to some radio while catching a breeze in the scaffolding (it was warm. THen.).

heather in europe said...

G: Ahh, so that's where mine go on holiday!