
It cautions against anyone with a communicable disease, or 4 wheeled recreational vehicles, or diaper changing.
A few interesting things to note:
-It's not a fountain that includes a pool, it's only shooting spurts of water from the concrete.
-It's a tiny park tucked inside an upscale shopping area. Any 4 wheeled recreational vehicles would not be welcome well before arriving here.
-Diaper changing in the water area defeats the idea of dryness.
I have not yet noticed any 'fountain signs' in Europe, so I have no comparison points to America.
2 comments:
oh my!
At first I thought your post was on Free Range Kids (http://freerangekids.wordpress.com/) -- since this is the type of thing posted there.
What insane nutty people are in the United States. But, then again, something must have happened for each of these rules to have been written.
Hmm. Here in Berlin, the diaper changing rules are also needed. The most nauseating thing I saw (last month), was a mom taking her son's diaper off and holding his besmeared butt under the spout of the water pump that led to the sandy area where all the children in the spielplatz were playing (that is, in the run off from the pump, as the playground was designed for). No one said a word, although I took my kids and left and when we next returned to that playground, they had turned the water off. So, a sign would apparently be a good idea.
Post a Comment