Thursday, June 16, 2011

From the rooftop garden - strawberries!

Sorry for the delay, I've been back in the US for work, and then busy with work here.
While away, my strawberries were gearing up, so I came back just as the first ones were ready. Then, I had about 3 weeks straight of strawberries for breakfast, freshly picked off the balcony each day.

Here are some of the last ones (notice the green insect on the right one--organic!):


I have around one more week left of strawberries. I currently have three runners started, so the rest will soon follow suit.


I arrived in the UK in early 2009, so this is the third year for some of my plants. Strawberries build up in the first year, peak in the second and then start to wane in the third. So the runner plants will get planted in as starters for next year's crop.

No comments: