Previously, I mentioned that my work phone issued by benevolent company J belonged to Terry, who makes it a habit to not pay his bills. It's been a while since I received any calls for Terry, but in the lead-up to the December hols, Terry must be having issues again. Interestingly, it's around the same time last year that I posted on this topic.
To recap:
-Terry was employed by company J in a different office. When Terry left the phone number went back into the benevolent company J pool of numbers and I was issued it in Feb 2009.
-There have been a few calls, of people seeking Terry at various times, in particular, the water company wanted him to pay his bill...or someone named Paula sent him an SMS to please go and check on her sister as she's not sure if the electricity has purposely been turned off or is having technical issues.
-Most bill collectors are polite enough when I inform them that it is a company issed phone, and here is the Company name and here is their phone number.
-The folks at Capital Finance One, however, are getting on my last nerve. I have now told them three times that it is a company issued number, and I skipped to answer the phone other times where I noticed their number. Perhaps they do not believe me, as their call center people are always very polite, but then obviously are not doing anything to stop the calls.
Further--someone named Lynn from benevolent company J called while I was in DE, and I missed the call but she left a message asking Terry to call her back. Neither Terry nor I did. It was a busy week in DE. Fortunately, she called back, looking for Terry.
'Hi, this is Lynn from benevolent company J, can I speak to Terry please?' (And it was our exchange, so I knew it was an internal person.)
'Hi Lynn, this is Heather from benevolent company J, and I've had this number since Terry left the company prior to Feb 2009. Is there something I can do for you?"
'Um. well. no. um. Thanks very much!'
So I missed a call again today--sure enough the fine folks at Capital (which is an online payday loan provider--borrow 80/repay 111, borrow 750/repay 1042.) At repayment rates like these, i can see why they can afford plenty of phone time and call centers on the other side of the world who are trying to find Terry (and their money).
Fortunately--as it's my work mobile and not a personal one, it is only on during my awake hours, and off all weekend. Unfortunately for the fine folks at Capital One, it's another call straight to voice mail.
Next, I need to do a little googling to see what I need to do to halt these folks as there are 32 more days to Christmas and I imagine Terry's money woes will only escalate...
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment