Tuesday, August 03, 2010

In progress - painting the living room

This is what I've been up to, day two:

I'm doing the living room in a light blue/grey color. So the outlining is done on this wall, now just to fill in tomorrow night.
The frugal side of this:
The paint come from the discontinued markdown shelf at homebase. Apparently environmentally friendly paints were not a big seller. When I googled them online people seemed pleased enough with them. At half the orginal sale price, I was extremely pleased with them.
But what if you later decide that you need more of the same paint, you won't be able to get it?
To test this theory, I went to look at the bathroom and kitchen paints I purchased and used last year. Sure enough--they revamped the color offerings and my colors are not being sold there. Deeper and darker colors appear to be the new trend.
So I bought enough to make sure that I would get the room done with some left over. :-) As I'm only picking this up after work each evening until it gets dark out, it will be a project of a few days.
More photos tomorrow, with tomorrow's progress.

No comments: